Saturday, 19 March 2011

Statement of intent - Assignment 105,107, and 108.

I am currently working towards a Level 1 Certificate in specialist photography. My subject will be people, with my theme as portraiture.

The equipment I have is limited, but for a lot of my of images i will use/carry:

Canon 550d+ 18-55mm lens
Spare Battery
Vanguard Tripod or gorillapod
CPL Filter
2 SD cards.

My equipment may limit me when trying to blow out the background of an image due to the variable aperture of my lens(f4-5.6) and also in lower light conditions where there may not be enough light to create a great quality image (Keeping ISO low enough to avoid horrible grain). I also do not have an external flash so I can't take any pictures with off-camera lighting when out of college.

In the studio where some of my work will take place, I will use:

Canon 5D
Radio triggers for the studio lighting
Reflectors (both silver and gold)
Whichever lens best suits the type of image I want to create.


Good image quality is essential for every photograph I take. I will be judging image quality by looking at sharpness, noise, ghosting, chromatic aberration and any other 'defects'.
The best way to check this is in a post-production application, mainly Photoshop. Using Photoshop you can usually correct these errors, unless very severe.

The final images will relate to the theme, as they will be portraits. These will be taken both in the studio, and outside, both in darkness and during the day. I will make use of different lighting and locations, to try and get a variety of different photos that still relate to my theme.

I am currently unsure how to present my images for assignment 107.

For assignment 108 (Digital Image Manipulation) I will use Photoshop to enhance my images, whether that be altering the colour slightly, sharpening, correcting errors, and even remove elements of the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I think we are at that stage when research really needs to start appearing within your blog along with comments and analysis. See the tutor sites for help with this please as it will help you alot.


    Steve

    ReplyDelete